Below are some support groups and resources that may be helpful for cancer patients and their caregivers.
- UCFS Patient Support Group-Compassion for Companions: support group for caregivers/ companions of individuals diagnosed with cancer and undergoing treatment. Fridays at 1pm. Contact: Kristin Kiczuk, LCSW 860-822-4429 for details.
- Breast Cancer Support Group: run by Tina Kamerica, LCSW. First Friday of every month at 11am. Must RSVP at (860) 235-4816. Held at 83 Boston Post Road, Waterford, CT 06385 (Healing Therapies of SECT).
- Revital Living Well Beyond Cancer Series: Monthly webinars on wide range of topics. Click here for upcoming sessions.
- Norwich Holistic Health Center: Offers a wide range of therapeutic services including acupuncture, oncology massage or yoga, energy work, and support. Patient sessions are offered at a discounted rate.Click here to learn more.
- Bereavement Services: for those in need of bereavement services, please reach out to Heather, our social worker, for resources. She will refer you to bereavement services which are free for anyone within the community who needs support, even if your loved one was not on their service.
For additional information or resources, please contact our social worker, Heather Kwasnick. She can be reached at (860) 886-8362, x237 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org