ECHO Associates is proud to be affiliated with national and state programs designed to improve cancer care and enhance the services and level of care provided to our patients.
Oncology Care Model (OCM)
ECHO Associates is one of nearly 200 physician group practices selected to participate in a nationwide program to improve cancer care. This 5-year program encourages higher quality, more coordinated cancer care, cost effective care.
Practices participating in the Oncology Care Model provide treatment following nationally recognized clinical guidelines for beneficiaries undergoing chemotherapy, with an emphasis on person-centered care. They will provide enhanced services to beneficiaries who are in the Oncology Care Model to help them receive timely, coordinated treatment. These services may include:
- Coordinating appointments with providers within and outside the oncology practice to ensure timely delivery of diagnostic and treatment services
- Providing 24/7 access to care when needed
- Arranging for diagnostic scans and follow-up with other members of the medical team such as surgeons, radiation oncologists, and other specialists that support the beneficiary throughout cancer treatment
- Making sure that data from scans, blood test results, and other tests are received in advance of patient appointments so that patients do not need to schedule additional visits
- Providing access to additional patient resources such as emotional support groups, pain management services, and clinical trials
To learn more about the OCM, visit: https://innovation.cms.gov/initiatives/Oncology-Care/
Quality Cancer Care Alliance (QCCA)
The Alliance is the first national clinically-integrated network to support community oncology practices. They serve their patients with robust health information exchange, care coordination and management services, and contracting support. The Alliance’s services allow for the development of better methods for delivering improved outcomes in all aspects of cancer care delivery.
QCCA strives to improve the quality of care by marshaling the most effective therapies, diagnostics, processes, and research in the service of our patients. Cancer care is best delivered locally, in the patient’s own community, by independent practitioners who provide personal, yet technologically advanced care.
The efforts of QCCA are primarily focused on helping member practices flourish by providing them with the best business models, practice efficiencies, and financial advantages.
To learn more about QCCA, visit: