Improving the Lives of Our Patients
ECHO is proud to have a unique, non-profit organization dedicated to providing support services, guidance, and education to cancer patients and their caregivers. Our goal is to address each patient’s individual needs so that no one lacks care or comfort while living with cancer.
In 2022, the Foundation was proud to support our patients in the following ways:
Beacon of Hope
Provided snacks and coffee to patients who are receiving chemotherapy treatments. In 2022, the Foundation donated over $2400 to help in this area.
Rock to Rides
Supported transportation for patients to their essential oncology care appointments. This year, the Foundation covered the cost of 674 rides and donated over $1300 to support this need.
The Foundation was provided $12,926 in financial support to help patients cover the costs of rent, utilities, Ensure, gas, school supplies, holiday meals, and groceries.
- Thousands of Stop and Shop gift cards were donated to patients to assist with groceries and gas.
- 18 backpacks given to dependents of patients.
- Financial support was given to patients who were in need of rent assistance.
- Financial support was given to help patients with medical bills.
Over $5700 of costs were covered to for patients receiving integrative medicine care such as massage and acupuncture. The program is currently funded by a generous grant from After the Storm. In 2022, dozens of patients have benefited through our partnerships below:
- Partnership with Healing Therapies Thur Sharing – 13 patients and/or caregivers were supported.
- Partnership with Norwich Holistic Health Center – 20 patients were supported.
Spreading Holiday Cheer
- Dozens of Thanksgiving baskets, complete with turkeys and fixing, were donated to families in need.
- 35 ham dinners were delivered to gift on to patients for the holidays. Rolls, pies and all of the fixings were provided.
- Thank you, Charlie and Suzette Strickland who generously supported this initiative by donating the turkeys and hams.
The Foundation is fully operated by volunteers who have faced cancer themselves or with a family member. The Foundation is funded by generous corporate, business, and individual donations.