ECHO Associates is proud to be affiliated with national and state programs designed to improve cancer care and enhance the services and level of care provided to our patients.
A Proud Partner of OneOncology
At the beginning of 2020, ECHO was pleased to join the OneOncology network. OneOncology is a partnership of community oncologists united in the mission of improving community oncology care. This organization was created to bring together world-class oncologists, powered by leading-edge technology, and really powerful data to transform the way cancer care is delivered on four key dimensions: cost, quality, access, and the patient experience.
How This Benefits Our Valued Patients
The beauty of being part of OneOncology is that community practices can continue to own and operate their organizations and make day to day decisions, but are also part of something larger. Our ECHO physicians make all clinical decisions for our practice and our patients.
But, we can now benefit from the shared clinical expertise, research, and advancements in care from leading cancer care organizations around the world. This includes:
- Shared Learning: Our team is connected with thousands of leading oncologists. This allows us to learn from one another and continue to find ways to improve quality, reduce costs, and enhance patient care.
- Improved Access to Information: We have detailed data and analytical tools that help us leverage clinical, operational, and financial data to enhance the way our practice operates, enabling our physicians to provide the most advanced care for our patients
- State-of-the-art Technology: All practices under OneOncology are connected via shared technology and software systems, which enables us to operate even more efficiently
- Cutting Edge Solutions: Physicians under OneOncology can leverage our collective intelligence to solve for the pressures facing community oncology and remain at the forefront of cancer care in the U.S.
We are thrilled to be part of OneOncology and are proud to debut our new logo which incorporates this connection. To watch a helpful video about OneOncology, click here.
Oncology Care Model (OCM)
ECHO Associates is one of nearly 200 physician group practices selected to participate in a nationwide program to improve cancer care. This 5-year program encourages higher quality, more coordinated cancer care, cost effective care.
Practices participating in the Oncology Care Model provide treatment following nationally recognized clinical guidelines for beneficiaries undergoing chemotherapy, with an emphasis on person-centered care. They will provide enhanced services to beneficiaries who are in the Oncology Care Model to help them receive timely, coordinated treatment. These services may include:
- Coordinating appointments with providers within and outside the oncology practice to ensure timely delivery of diagnostic and treatment services
- Providing 24/7 access to care when needed
- Arranging for diagnostic scans and follow-up with other members of the medical team such as surgeons, radiation oncologists, and other specialists that support the beneficiary throughout cancer treatment
- Making sure that data from scans, blood test results, and other tests are received in advance of patient appointments so that patients do not need to schedule additional visits
- Providing access to additional patient resources such as emotional support groups, pain management services, and clinical trials
Quality Cancer Care Alliance (QCCA)
The Alliance is the first national clinically-integrated network to support community oncology practices. They serve their patients with robust health information exchange, care coordination and management services, and contracting support. The Alliance’s services allow for the development of better methods for delivering improved outcomes in all aspects of cancer care delivery.
QCCA strives to improve the quality of care by marshaling the most effective therapies, diagnostics, processes, and research in the service of our patients. Cancer care is best delivered locally, in the patient’s own community, by independent practitioners who provide personal, yet technologically advanced care.
The efforts of QCCA are primarily focused on helping member practices flourish by providing them with the best business models, practice efficiencies, and financial advantages.
To learn more about QCCA, visit:
Community Oncology Alliance (COA) & Community Oncology Alliance Patient Advocacy Network (CPAN)
ECHO is proud to be part of the Community Oncology Alliance (COA), which is a national non-profit organization dedicated to ensuring all Americans affected by cancer receive quality, affordable, and accessible care in their communities. COA is the only organization dedicated solely to the community oncology system, practice professionals, and most importantly, the patients they serve.
We also are pleased to be Connecticut’s first and only community oncology practice that has launched a chapter of the Community Oncology Alliance Patient Advocacy Network (CPAN).
Click here to learn why ECHO is such a strong proponent of community care, why they chose to start their own CPAN Chapter, and how patients and caregivers can get involved by sharing their voices >