A nurse navigator is a professional registered nurse with oncology-specific clinical knowledge who offers individualized assistance to patients, families, and caregivers to help overcome healthcare system barriers.
At ECHO Associates, our dedicated nurse navigator, Melissa Tunnacliffe, works with patients and their families from the initial stages of diagnosis through recovery. She provides guidance at every step of your treatment to ensure you have the resources, information, and support you need.
Our nurse navigator:
- Helps patients and their families negotiate the healthcare system
- Addresses the concerns of patients and their caregivers about the disease and its treatment and provides support throughout the course of treatment
- Provides one-on-one support and assistance in the coordination of services for patients and their families
- Evaluates patients, directing them to the appropriate resources for clinical, emotional, and financial assistance to prevent problems and overcome barriers throughout the course of treatment
- Works collaboratively with the healthcare team to provide education to the patient, family members, and caregivers throughout the continuum of care
- Links patients, families, and caregivers with appropriate community resources
- Develops and maintains working relationships with community agencies, healthcare organizations, and other providers to promote a broad base of support for patients and families
- Facilitates team support of identified patient and family needs through ongoing communication with clinical team members
- Serves as point of contact for patient, family, and other caregivers throughout the full continuum of care
Most of all, our nurse navigator serves as your advocate – here to make sure your needs are being met and that your voice is heard.