Now Hiring for a Dispensary Technician
Now hiring for a Dispensary Technician. Join our team and play a key role in our onsite medical dispensary. Click here to apply and to learn more about the role.
Some of key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of prescriptions within the pharmacy system, fills and prepares orders for patient pickup in office
- Accurately enters patients into the pharmacy system, and EMR and updates/maintains records as needed
- Obtains signatures from patients and processes co-pays according to company procedure.
- Properly handles insurance rejections, denials, unique patient circumstances to troubleshoot for claim resolution
- Contacts patients and/or caregivers to determine supply needs, establish refill schedules, and anticipate upcoming Office Visits
- Provides an excellent patient service experience at all times
- Communicates clearly and effectively both in person, via email and phone to a variety of audiences including patients, Physicians, Nursing, Administration and staff as well as PBMs and third-party claim processing groups
- Documents all pertinent patient communications and escalates to the Medical Provider as needed
- Places medication purchase orders and controls inventory by ordering as needed to meet patient demand
- Performs monthly on-hand Inventory and maintains an accurate count record within the pharmacy system
- Maintains organized prescription hardcopy filing records according to state and federal laws
- Retrieves necessary documentation to respond to Auditing requests
- Ensures that all pharmacy areas are cleaned regularly and free of clutter
- Adheres to appropriate safety and quality assurance practices and policies
- Complies with state and federal laws.