Now hiring for a Patient Service Representative (PSR)
We are looking for a bright and dedicated individual to join our team as a Patient Service Representative (PSR). This individual will be responsible for answering, addressing, and triaging all incoming phone calls to the practice.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Answer incoming calls promptly and assist the caller or direct them to correct contact/department.
- Schedule appointments in practice management system in accordance scheduling protocols and patient preferences
- Document all work within patient charts.
- Contact patients with appointment dates and time.
- Answer patient questions and/or return patient calls in a timely manner.
- Communicate with physician office staff on patient concerns, requests and scheduling changes
- Contact patients who may have missed appointments, follow up with written documentation as appropriate including discharge notices when approved by the Assistance Practice Administrator.
- Notify Assistant Practice Administrator of any schedule changes/requests from the providers.
- Monitor and attend to the fax queue.
- Initiate call reminders when needed.
- Ensure that all actions comply with relevant guidelines protecting personal and health information (e.g., HIPAA requirements)
- Follow departmental policies & procedures, workflow guidelines and escalation processes at all times
- Attend department meetings and in-service training as required.
- Cover other providers as needed.
- Maintain HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience in a healthcare setting.
- Proficient knowledge of patient schedules regarding providers, lab work, shots, and infusion visits.
- Communicate effectively with receptionists, nursing, and providers.
- Proficient knowledge of Hematology and Oncology diagnoses.
- Microsoft office applications.
- OncoEMR and EPIC.